AIRPOT dampers for sale

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Kiss the Groove

AIRPOT dampers for sale

Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:30 pm

Hi folks,

For those of you wishing to add damping to your cutterhead suspension, one of these just might be the answer:
Photo-1.jpg
Photo-2.jpg
This is an Airpot dashpot, carrying the custom part no. 64264-3. It appears to be the same as a type 2K160A, with a .627" bore, a 1" stroke and adjustable two-way damping (see the "Custom Dashpots" tab on this page), with two exceptions: The stud is a 2-56 thread instead of the standard 4-40 thread, and there is no piston retainer. The actuator rod has ball joints at both ends for axial compliance, with no free play that I can perceive.

I bought five of these as new surplus over thirty years ago because they're just so neat, but I've never used them. The new price for these is probably in the neighborhood of $100, and similar parts sell on ebay for $40-60. I'm making them available to Lathe Trolls for just $20 each plus actual shipping cost by USPS insured priority mail. Paypal only, and one Airpot per Troll only, please, to give everyone a chance. Send me a PM with your location, and I'll reply with the total amount and my Paypal ID.

If you've ever played with one of these, you know how silky-smooth the action is, which is why I think they'd be useful for a cutterhead suspension, but of course we're talking about experimental applications here, so I can't make any guarantees. All sales are final, so if you have any questions at all, please post them in this thread for everyone's benefit! Thank you.

Have fun! -- KtG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

uvoscillator

Re: AIRPOT dampers for sale

Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:18 am

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-V3HakD41BOV9pQkkzOUtRLWM/view?usp=sharing

hey, it works great on mine ROK, grab them before they go !
Best !

Kiss the Groove

SOLD OUT

Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Thanks to the buyers (in three countries!). I've made a donation to Steve E. for this site from the proceeds.

Thanks also to uvoscillator and jesusfwrl for posting photos of your mounting systems.

Regards -- KtG