Anybody have Scully bathtub drive parts?

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Deke Dickerson

Anybody have Scully bathtub drive parts?

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:51 am

Hello there--

I'm deep in the restoration of my Scully lathe, it's turning into a long, long project....

When I bought my lathe it came with the ancient Westrex drive unit, that was not operational and only 33/78 speeds.

Recently I bought a "project" bathtub drive unit and an original Scully pipe stand and table. Unfortunately, the bathtub drive unit is missing a bunch of parts and is only about halfway there.

Does anybody have any Scully bathtub parts for sale? Or, an even weirder question, does anybody have any Scully bathtub parts disassembled on a shelf or in a box somewhere that they would let me borrow, to have replicated? Mine came with the bathtub itself, the motor, the 33/78 motor "sleeve" and the turntable flywheel and flywheel mount. However, it's missing the feed reduction unit, the entire right hand side unit with the idler wheels, and a few other parts.

Kind of a wild goose chase, I know--but anybody who can help with anything, I'd be most appreciative....

Regarding the status of the rest of the lathe, for those who offered to help last year: I got everything chromed and polished, and discovered the chrome shop chromed several moving parts together without taking them apart first. That cost me a year, I tried everything to fix the problem, finally found a friend with a machine shop who was able to get those parts working again. Now....it's on to the drive, and reassembly of the lathe and carriage....

Deke