For Sale: HAECO VP-1000 Digital lathe control computer

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

smithadamm

For Sale: HAECO VP-1000 Digital lathe control computer

Wed May 09, 2018 10:59 pm

I'm selling my lathe control unit, I've switched to a home made system.

The Good:
Pulled from my working lathe in my working cutting studio, includes the control unit, power supply, pitch motor and spare motor, all wiring harnesses and cabling to pitch motor. Also includes about a half a dozen spare logic boards.

Power supply has been re-capped and the regulator boards in the PSU have all been totally rebuilt. The logic boards in the unit have been fully re-done with all new gold plated IC sockets, pots and where applicable NOS or new IC's. All DIN connectors have been replaced with gold plated connectors.

The bad:
Doesn't include schematics, head drop solenoid, microswitches or wiring receptacle for the lathe (the big screw in connector to hook the microswitches in the back of the lathe. I never used the variable pitch or variable depth functions and I doubt they work. This unit is fussy and can be a headache to troubleshoot when it breaks down which is why I replaced it. Fully expect you will need to work on it or have it worked on by a good tech that is familiar with old 7400 series logic chips.

Last thing, I'm willing to ship, but it's probably 70lbs worth of stuff total, so shipping will be expensive. I'm in Austin TX and would also be happy to arrange local pickup.

I'm only looking to sell it to a lathetroll or lathe troll freind, I'm not going to put it on eBay so if you know someone looking for one of these that isn't on here feel free to pass the word on.

I'm asking $2000 plus shipping and whatever transaction fees come with whatever form of payment, but make me an offer.
image1.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.