Gates CB500 16" Turntable & RCA Cutting Attachment +

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

gDavis_wax

Gates CB500 16" Turntable & RCA Cutting Attachment +

Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:10 pm

REPOSTED WITH PRICE CHANGE and OFFERS ACCEPTED!!!

Hey Lathe Gurus

I am selling one of my Lathe setups. Please let me know if anyone is interested. I spent quite a bit of time putting this together. Everything has been cleaned and in great function order. The Head for the RCA Cutting Attachment was refurbished by Gib at West-Tech with only a few hours of use. A Custom Wood Desk was made for it. Shelves and Door. Each Corner has a Bolt Mechanism for leveling Turntable. 2 High Precision Ortofon Levels are Built into the to top for fine tuning.

Below is the entire setup.

- Gates CB500 16" Transcription Turntable / Brand New Heavy Duty Power Plug added / RCA Cables replaced
- Gates has Playback Tonearm w/ New Audio-Technica Cart/Stylus
- RCA Type 72-D Recording Attachment. Cuts 33/3 or 78 IN/OUT. The Cutting Head was Completely Refurbished by Gib at WEST-TECH
- Custom built Wood Desk with Doors for Material Storage and built in Level adjustments

Comes with a Mix of 5 Cutting and Embossing Styli/Shanks.
Copy of the RCA Type 72-D Manual
(2) 12" Blank Optix Disks

Prefer Local Pickup (Houston, USA), but can be Crated and Shipped...please don't be afraid to ask for Shipping estimate. Usually $250-300 in Continental US and more for the rest of the world. Probably need to add about $100 to that if I need to properly take everything apart and pack properly.

Asking $3600 for everything. BEST OFFERS ACCEPTED!!!
Thanks!

gDavis_wax

Re: Gates CB500 16" Turntable & RCA Cutting Attachment +

Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:23 pm

!!! PICTURES !!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

piaptk

Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:59 pm

It only cuts inside out? What pitch of feedscrew?
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

rsimms3

Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:40 pm

piaptk wrote:It only cuts inside out? What pitch of feedscrew?
Pretty sure those overheads cut either direction without changing the feedscrew. See below.
Last edited by rsimms3 on Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gDavis_wax

Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:43 pm

That is Correct!
You can go Inside or Outside.