FS: Fairchild / Rek-O-Kut M5pro Transcription Turntable Pkg

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

lofiaudio

FS: Fairchild / Rek-O-Kut M5pro Transcription Turntable Pkg

Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:49 pm

Letting go of a couple nice , fully functional lathes to fund a presto 8d. Asking $6500 for this incredible vintage conversation piece Fairchild Transcription Turntable with ROK M5pro spiraling overhead and Audax head (which is what originally came stock with these, not the 1d pictured here). As pictured in incredible sea foam green paint! New NOS bodine motor and start capacitor, plus Fisher microscope which isn't installed yet. Willing to deliver anywhere in the southeast us or can arrange crating and shipping for a buyer farther away. Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

lofiaudio

Re: FS: Fairchild / Rek-O-Kut M5pro Transcription Turntable

Wed May 01, 2019 9:32 pm

Ok gents, live on eBay now. Buy it now listed $5950. If anybody wants to talk or make a deal I'll give priority to fellow trolls unless / until it gets bid on. Thanks fellas!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fairchild-Rek-O-Kut-M5pro-Record-Lathe-Transcription-Turntable-w-Audax-Cutter/333179216125

lofiaudio

Thu May 02, 2019 11:32 pm

Sold , thanks guys!

socialroots

Fri May 03, 2019 7:35 am

Now that didnt take too long to offload! Was drooling over this lathe from the very first time i saw you post it sometime back,very fair price as well.
Some of the shitty things about living in the isolated countryside of Taiwan,hard n very expensive to hook up with gear n transport over to the island!
Maximum respect,
Patrick

soeffingodly

Fri May 03, 2019 8:02 am

socialroots wrote:Now that didnt take too long to offload! Was drooling over this lathe from the very first time i saw you post it sometime back,very fair price as well.
Some of the shitty things about living in the isolated countryside of Taiwan,hard n very expensive to hook up with gear n transport over to the island!
Maximum respect,
Patrick
It is a sexy machine for sure. Wouldn't mind using it for my 6N overhead!
"I wasn't lying. Things I said later seemed untrue."

lofiaudio

Sun May 26, 2019 9:31 pm

Ok Guys, I sold this to a Gentleman in Brooklyn, and after I met him in person, demonstrated the lathe and he took it back up to NY it has begun to have an issue on the 33rpm speed. Something must have come loose in the gear transfer box and the 33 speed raises uncontrollably until it hits 78. 45 and 78 are still rock solid. I've been trying to help him troubleshoot and offered to pay to have someone look at but he doesn't want to, just wants to return it outright.

SO... Any mechanically minded trolls in the NE USA want a sweet deal on an incredible museum quality lathe? Just need to pick up in Brooklyn ASAP. If anyone wants in I'd do it for one of you trolls $4,500 all in (OBO). Fairchild Transcription Turntable, Rek o Kut spiraling overhead, Audax head, with Fischer microscope and lots of cool brochures, sales catalogs and more from Rek-o-kut.

Again, needs to be picked up from previous buyer in Brooklyn, NYC asap. So hit me up if any interest!

PM me for lots of pics and link to video from buyer of the lathe in operation demonstrating all speeds and issue with 33rpm. Could be something as simple as a pin or screw that came loose.

lofiaudio

Thu May 30, 2019 12:46 pm

Lathe is currently being picked up in NYC, crated and shipped back to me in Atlanta. So, it's back to being available for pickup here or I can meet you in the SE us states somewhere. The good news is it will already be crated up so it will be ready to ship! Thanks again for looking.

missedout

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:41 pm

so this is still available but has a problem at 33 1/3 RPM?

lofiaudio

Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:36 pm

It has been sold. Sorry for the confusion, I meant to update the thread.