Require Power Lead for Atom/Vanrock

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Boydie

Require Power Lead for Atom/Vanrock

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:12 pm

Does anyone know the correct fitting power lead for the Atom/Vanrock suit case lathe.

Are they available on Amazon or something

mrd

Re: Require Power Lead for Atom/Vanrock

Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:37 pm

I think there are two different types.

If it's the same as mine, I believe its an IEC C11 or it looks a lot like one but with round pins. They don't make them anymore it's a polarised rectangular connection (has a cutout in it). Quite hard to track down a suitable replacement. I found mine listed as a power cable for various CB radios. It was bare ends so you'll need to factor in whatever plug goes in your stepdown transformer end too. Good luck.

Boydie

Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:02 am

It looks like a figure 8, 2 pin, but has a square casing

Boydie

Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:13 pm

Found it

Aussie0zborn

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:20 am

That's great but do you want to tell us what it is to save another person asking the same question?

Galaxyknight56

Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:08 pm

Boydie wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:13 pm
Found it
Ran into the same issue my atom did not ship with a power cord. Wanted to know what cable you found? Possibly a link? Thanks in advance!

mrd

Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:24 pm

As above, they seem hard to find.Assuming you have the two pin square thing. I looked back to the ebay link I had and it's dead. I ended up using a CB radio one... I *think* it's this one - https://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/product/nevada-pow-b193a/ not used this company so can't vouch for them.

You'll need to then wire a plug in for whatever stepdown you're using (assuming you're not running this in a country with a native 100v) or modify the cable and join. Alternative looked to me to be to swap out the connector on the unit itself for something more common which would be fairly straight-forward but might encourage connection of the unit to power without appropriate stepdown.

Galaxyknight56

Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:01 am

mrd wrote:
Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:24 pm
As above, they seem hard to find.Assuming you have the two pin square thing. I looked back to the ebay link I had and it's dead. I ended up using a CB radio one... I *think* it's this one - https://www.nevadaradio.co.uk/product/nevada-pow-b193a/ not used this company so can't vouch for them.

You'll need to then wire a plug in for whatever stepdown you're using (assuming you're not running this in a country with a native 100v) or modify the cable and join. Alternative looked to me to be to swap out the connector on the unit itself for something more common which would be fairly straight-forward but might encourage connection of the unit to power without appropriate stepdown.
Thanks for the link, ive already brought 2 plugs that dont work. So im still hunting one down. As soon as i find one that works ill be sure to link it here! unlike others -____- Either way im going to order yours now! Thanks again.

mrd

Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:04 am

No worries. When I was on the original search I considered swapping out the connector for an IEC C8 (figure 8 socket) or similar... I didn't get as far as looking at how straight-forward this is by measuring opening and screw mounting points etc. Good luck!