Custom 12” jacket printing?

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

aaron

Custom 12” jacket printing?

Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:10 pm

Hi, I’m looking for custom one-off 12” jacket printing. I contacted a couple leads I saw here but no one got back to me. Does anyone know of anyone actively doing this?

piaptk

Re: Custom 12” jacket printing?

Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:03 am

You can probably do it yourself at a local print shop that has a large format printer. Something that prints off a cardstock roll with at least a 13" width. Just use a template from a pressing plant and then cut and trim it down yourself and glue the wings and fold it over (using a bone scorer helps a lot). Unfortunately large format prints are pretty expensive. Even DIY you are looking at $6-7 each plus your time. Unless you want to buy a large format printer. They are $650-800 on Amazon.

You could also buy 12x18" adhesive paper and adhere it to a blank sleeve (Most print shops can print 12x18") but you need two prints and they are not as cheap as 11x17 full color prints.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

EposLab

Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:44 am

piaptk wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:03 am
Even DIY you are looking at $6-7 each plus your time.
Thats exactly the price that my local print shop was asking!
Epos Laboratory Phono Cartridge Retip & Lathe Cuts
http:\\www.eposlab.gr
info@eposlab.gr
IG EposLab (https://www.instagram.com/eposlab/?hl=en)

piaptk

Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:43 am

Yeah, its not a cheap proposition. Thats why i personally prefer to ditch “professional looking” jackets (which never look as good as a pro printed mass produced sleeve) and go a more handmade artsy vibe. I use my cricut cutter a lot to diecut sleeves.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

drdub

Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:03 am

Hey Aaron,

we do print one-off 12" Covers at drdub.com. Were situated in Austria. check drdub.com and drop us a mail if you need one.

best regards,
Markus
satan spins vinyl

*** www.drdub.com ***

TonyD

Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:55 pm

I might be able to help. I print 12 inch jackets for around $5 a piece. But they are definitely not as heavy as your standard record jacket.