FS: Rek-O-Kut Master Pro 16" Lathe - Turnkey System

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

rickmcvick

FS: Rek-O-Kut Master Pro 16" Lathe - Turnkey System

Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:07 pm

Hey all! I'm selling my working ROK lathe and other bits with it. The lathe is a Rek-O-Kut Master Pro Model M-5 16" overhead on a Rek-O-Kut Model LP-743 turntable. It is all mounted on a custom plinth that dare I say looks stunning and the build quality is amazing. The plinth has a power strip inside along with a fan for cooling when the original motor was driving the platter. The platter is driven by Jed's belt drive system with upgraded drive boards for better noise reduction. In fact there's no noise audible from the motor. It has programmable speeds that are calibrated using the built in strobe light. Can save two speeds. Strobe disc is included as well as the PSU for the drive motor. The original ROK LP-743 motor is included as well but was removed to save weight. It still runs fun though the rollers are in need of re-rubbering.

The feedscrew is a custom screw for the variable pitch system. The pitch is controlled via a control panel on the plinth. With the custom feedscrew the crank doesn't function, the pitch is only changed via the variable pitch system. The original 120 LPI feedscrew is included and works amazingly. I prefer the original FS personally. The cutter head is an RCA mono cutter head purchased from Mike Dixon. This head sounds amazing, especially the high frequencies. It is a very clear sounding head and can get really loud too. To power the head I use a ART SLA1 power amp; plenty of power for the head. There is a fuse box as well that's in the signal chain to help protect the head. The fuse box also has a jumper system for the stylus heater that was built by Kris Dorr that I am also including. I am also including a attachment for the RCA head for using stylus' with heating wires. (I was going to convert to cutting but decided not to). With that I'm also including a My Shank diamond cutting stylus, and three embossing styli from record lathe parts.

Also included is a dashpot system from Jed. The mod can be installed as is but the included counterweights aren't heavy enough and I just haven't bothered to get it working. I am also including a variac system on a rack panel to run a vacuum system with. The vacuum itself is not included. There's also a mount for a tone arm if you want to put one on there.

This lathe has been an ongoing project for years now and is in full working order to emboss records. I have been embossing orders up until this sale. The reason I am selling is because I got into this to cut vinyl and that time has come. This lathe is a turnkey system and once set up and calibrated will have no issues cutting.

Please feel free to ask any questions. Shipping will be calculated based on location. Please PM me for price or send an offer.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.