FS:Rek-O-Kut B-5 overhead with Astatic M41-8 head

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

mratx

FS:Rek-O-Kut B-5 overhead with Astatic M41-8 head

Tue Apr 04, 2023 3:24 pm

I'm selling an Rek-O-Kut B-5 record lathe 12" overhead. Comes with an Astatic M41-8 entry level magnetic head (lower power and fidelity compared to better heads), but is 8 ohm so it can be used with a standard power amp. Head tests good and sounds good with the cup test (send signal through the head, place a plastic cup against the needle to amplify the sound so that you can hear the head output), but I don't have any lacquers to do a test cut with, or a good turntable to use it with. Carriage moves freely when center post is rotated, and controls like head lift and carriage release work as they should. I'd recommend you do a basic lubrication of the unit when you get it, as I haven't serviced it in years. Leadscrew is marked I9 (see photo), it is a standard outside in leadscrew that appears to be 110-120 lpi. I will include a steel cutting needle so that you have something to start with. I used this overhead when I first started learning cutting, mostly to cut plastic plates and similar. Very good for entry level, once you have the basics down you can always upgrade to a better head like a Presto, I believe piaptk sells adapters for mounting other heads. Looking to get $825. I'm located in Pittsburgh, USA.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mratx

Re: FS:Rek-O-Kut B-5 overhead with Astatic M41-8 head

Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:05 pm

Sold!