WTB: Rek-O-Kut M5S Adjustable Center part

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

mratx

WTB: Rek-O-Kut M5S Adjustable Center part

Sun May 07, 2023 7:38 pm

I know this is unlikely, but I'm looking for the Adjustable Center piece for a Rek-O-Kut M5s (or could be from an M5 or probably any ROK 16" overhead.) This is the piece that goes through one endpiece of the overhead and into the end of the leadscrew, and is held in place by the Center Lock Screw. Picture is attached. It's approximately 2 inches long, and the knurled part on the end is a removable nut. It's for a backup M5s that I have, no idea what happened to the piece, likely the center lock screw was loose and it just slid out at some point when I was moving equipment or houses or something. It's probably in the bottom of some random box or lost in the back of a closet or similar, but I can't find it. So if anyone has one, I'm in the market. If not, it'll be off to the machinist.......

Thanks,

Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

piaptk

Re: WTB: Rek-O-Kut M5S Adjustable Center part

Sun May 07, 2023 10:21 pm

If you have a machinist make one, i would be interested in buying one or two as well. You might also be able to buy some brass or aluminum tubing the correct size and jb wel a ball bearing in the end.
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

basplin

Tue May 23, 2023 1:54 pm

If you need the dimensions, I can measure mine and send them to you

mratx

Tue May 23, 2023 7:02 pm

I do have one, but if you could let me know if yours is the same size, I would appreciate it. I've seen photos of some units which appear to have a slightly different part. With the knurled nut removed, mine is 1 9/16" long, with the thicker section (5/16" diameter ignoring flattened surface) 1 1/16" long, and the thin section (7/16" diameter) 1/2" long.

I have found someone who will try making one once he manages to borrow a radius turning tool for his lathe, to form the ball end. If he can't get one, we may try just used a round tip bit to cut a dimple in the end of the part and just use it with a ball bearing.

basplin

Fri May 26, 2023 12:38 pm

what you're describing sounds a little different than mine (the M5 'Master Pro' overhead for 16" discs) so I attached some photos of the part next to a ruler. I hope this helps!
tempImagedvVssh.gif
tempImage35XoUu.gif
tempImagejAEueg.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mratx

Fri May 26, 2023 9:51 pm

Thanks for posting that! I went and looked at all my lead screws, and I have one 210 that has a narrower, very shallow hole in the end of the lead screw that mates to the center adjuster, clearly it requires the type of unit that you have. All my other lead screws have a deeper wider hole that mates with the type that I have. I have a second 210 that is otherwise identical, except for the hole in the end, it's the deep style. The gear on the end on both even has the same markings, Boston G-139. I guess they must have made a slight change at some point, but no idea which was earlier or later! Since I have two 210 leadscrews, I had never tried to use one of them, or I might have realized there were definitely two styles.