EMI / HMV 2300 Lathe, Amplifier and Speaker for sale

Selling equipment? know of a good lead on obtaining equipment? looking to buy? You can post info here.

Note: We have no system in place, nor the human resources, to enforce fees, for what amounts to placing an ad with the best possible audience for your items. Nonetheless, there is hope, need, and expectation: Please show good will, and help the site survive, by giving a contribution (using the golden button up top) when your item sells, or if the site helps you find the service you need.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Klang

EMI / HMV 2300 Lathe, Amplifier and Speaker for sale

Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:47 pm

Hello S.O.L.T ,

I am selling an EMI 2300 'portable' 78rpm disc cutting system complete with cutting amplifier, monitor speaker, original power cords and 2 boxes of original lacquer blanks.

Functionality:

- The amplifier turns on and meter registers input signal

- The monitor speaker works, the driver itself measures fine

- The lathe receives power, the bulb in the cutting arm still illuminates, but cannot engage the lathe to cut. When sliding switch is moved to 'run' position, there is no movement from platter.

As the lathe itself is still receiving power I have always believed the reason it does not run is down to failure of the ancient caps. I have never had the time to investigate this and have other projects to prioritise which is why I am parting with this very rare lathe.

I am looking for offers in the region of £2000.

Additional information on condition:

- All the cases have their original lids

- As you will see the vinyl covering on the cases is peeling, worst on the lathe case.

- The bottom panel of the lathe case is mostly gone/rotted.

- Cover around switch on lathe that would have indicated 'Stop' and 'Run' is missing.

- The lacquer on most of the discs is peeling, but still - amazing artefacts!

I am based in the Northwest of England, near Lancaster. I am willing to deliver within a few hours radius at buyers expense and open to meeting at a halfway point if buyer is travelling a great distance.

If necessary I can provide a link to my eBay seller profile to prove trustworthiness - 10 year member, 100% positive feedback.

It is my hope this 70+ year old lathe can go to someone who will have the time to fully repair/restore/mod it and actually use it.

More pictures available on request.

Happy cutting,

- Klang

tempImageQRu3Gf.gif
tempImage4VhwHj.gif
tempImagefa05Hb.gif
tempImageSCzvDB.gif
tempImageBYwB6u.gif
tempImageQIEkCd.gif
tempImagem6Dp5E.gif
tempImageG5J1d9.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Klang

Re: EMI / HMV 2300 Lathe, Amplifier and Speaker for sale

Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:48 pm

UPDATE:

This lathe is still available.

All offers now considered.

I wish to give forum members a chance to purchase before the unit is listed on eBay next week.

thanks,

- Klang