terry's rubber rollers

Links to helpful record-lathe-oriented services (repair, equipment) and their websites.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

cymbalism

terry's rubber rollers

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:04 pm

just got my 33 puck back from him, magnificent job and fast too!

anyone who needs work done on your pucks, definitely hit him up - the guy is the best around, affordable and quick and does a fantastic job!
all the best!
- tommie 'plan 9' emmi
poly-cut lathe cuts / cymbalism recordings

emorritt

Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:21 pm

I've had Terry do a lot of work for me on idlers as well as tape pinch rollers on my open reel units and his work is superb. Sent a pair of Presto drive pucks to Russell Industries years ago and all they did was grind them down and then mold new rubber around the old. You could see the "line of demarcation" where the old met the new. Russell had bought out the old PRB Corporation (Projector Recorder Belt) and at the time were still offering their 'rejuvination' services. I don't think they do re-rubbering any longer. Terry removes ALL old rubber - right down to the metal hub and then molds new in it's place and even adds a few thousandths of an inch to account for wear of the old part. Very thorough. Everything I've gotten back from him is solid and speed accurate- just like getting a new part. Also very reasonably priced.

piaptk

Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:11 am

I had Terry do four pucks from my 6ns and they worked GREAT! Highly recommended!
I Buy/Sell/Restore Vintage Machines/Parts and Provide Phone/In Person Tech Support
www.MichaelDixonVinylArt.com
www.LatheCutCamp.com
www.RecordLatheParts.com
www.MobileVinylRecorders.com
www.LatheCuts.com

tragwag

Re: terry's rubber rollers

Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:56 pm

just wanted to revamp this thread, I had my 33 RPM idler redone by Terry, it was only about a week wait, and the idler works great.
If you're having any sort of pitch/flutter problems with your 6N, and you've adjusted the motor mount, the problem might be the idler.
Expect to pay about $60, which is easily worth the price for the service and quality that Terry provides.
making lathe cuts on a Presto 6N, HIFI stereo cuts on vinylrecorder
at Audio Geography Studios, Providence, RI USA
http://www.audiogeography.com

45rpmdude

Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:43 pm

sounds good. Need a roller redone for a reel deck thx... ill write him down..

ROLANDJAYS

Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:28 am

hey I have a rubber wheel for my Wilcox recordio that needs fixin! how do I find this "terry" ??
    1000 thank yous!