cutterhead repair, plinths, and discs

Links to helpful record-lathe-oriented services (repair, equipment) and their websites.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

TonyD

cutterhead repair, plinths, and discs

Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:08 pm

1c mount.jpg
plinth 1.jpg
new rek o kut.jpg
hello so i am just here to recommend some people who i have had the pleasure of working with.

member Buddybolden from Poland rewound my 1D very quickly and reasonably priced. Including shipping he had it back to me within a month. It now has great highs, and is working like a champ. I purchased my first working lathe from him some time ago. a fully restored presto k8. The amp sounds amazing and is still going. The rebuilt 5c it came with has an amazing frequency response that could rival some 1ds i have encountered. side note i am located in pennsylvania and am always willing to ship it to poland for any repairs i may need. So if you are also in the US dont let the fact he is in poland scare you off. Shipping wasnt to much and he is always very communicative, reliable, and quick. Long story short you can count on Jed if you cant find him in here you can look up his record cutting facebook page and talk with him there https://www.facebook.com/brokenchickenrecords/

my second review/recommendation is for Ryan of Rwmakes http://www.facebook.com/rwmakes

This gentleman has built me 2 separate plinths for lathes i pieced together. both with special machined parts including head mounts, overhead mounts,motor mounts, and meter mounts. Each one he made sure there were proper ventilation for the turntable motors, precise measurements so the overheads sit properly, I can go on and on about his craftsmanship. He he has never let me down when it comes to making sure i have what i need in order to have my lathers working the way i want them to. So if you arnt very machine savy like my self but find your self needing random things like i do, hit him up, he very well might be able to get you what ever random thing you need.

He also is the guy who makes my blank records for me. so if you make your own or feel like youre paying to much for your PC blanks he might be able to help you. I use PC but he is also going to be offering PETG blanks as well. I cant give you a quote, bc i order a lot from him every month, but he is a reasonable man who can be very accommodating to each individuals needs. At the very least an inquiry couldn't hurt.

The photos are of the 2 plinths Ryan designed and built, the black and red one has the head that Jed rebuilt. Sorry if this seemed incoherent but I wanted to sing as much praise as I could about these 2.

Thanks for listening to my rant, and i hope you will look into their services.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.