Mono Cutterhead Design Principles and Repair Seminar

If you are a performer, list shows or tours here. If you know of concerts, meetings or conventions that might appeal to other members, list 'em here. Don't be shy, we are interested!

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

opcode66

Mono Cutterhead Design Principles and Repair Seminar

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:53 pm

Gauging interest on a weekend seminar here in Los Angeles hosted by me. I would be going through the principles of mono cutterheads, their physics, materials, design concepts and limitations. Additionally, I would be covering all the details of how to perform mono cutterhead rebuilds. It will be very informative with a number of hands on experiences. It would also be possible to prepare kits of my own OPCODE 1-E mono cutterhead for those who wish to build out their own head can do so with my assistance. This would be held in a hotel conference room. So, I would have to charge appropriately for my time and the room rental for several days. And, of course, for the knowledge transfer. Q&A sessions at the end of each intensive.

So, who would be interested? What would this be worth to you? When in the year would anyone be available?
Cutting, Inventing & Innovating
Groove Graphics, VMS Halfnuts, MIDI Automation, Professional Stereo Feedback Cutterheads, and Pesto 1-D Cutterhead Clones
Cutterhead Repair: Recoiling, Cleaning, Cloning of Screws, Dampers & More
http://mantra.audio

okpanda

Re: Mono Cutterhead Design Principles and Repair Seminar

Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:25 pm

i might be interested if stereo design was covered as well.

symatic

Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:17 am

sounds really cool but i'm probably a bit far away!

lotusone

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:04 pm

Old thread - but interested.

apoklis

Mon Mar 21, 2022 10:55 am

Todd walk through the rebuild for a 1d on is tube channel. Opcode66 Its long, and he get off subjuct ,but it you wade through all four of them there is some info to be had. Also touchs on 5c he is doing at the same time.