SCAN - How To Make Good Recordings: The Complete.... [1942]

A spot for keeping track of especially cool (informative, fun) videos, photos, scans and other links about record cutting. (You can post them in other sections. Eventually they may end up here.) NOTE: Please put *Circuits, Schematics and Manuals* in the section with that name.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

rsimms3

SCAN - How To Make Good Recordings: The Complete.... [1942]

Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:52 pm

I recently saw an auction for this book on eBay as a soft cover and figured it was worth a look. Bought a copy from Amazon for $8 shipped. It can be found here and there at reasonable prices it seems, or free through the internet if you're okay with reading from your computer. There have been several revisions and printings. The last revision appears to be in 1948 with at least 15 printings. The link below goes to a 1942 revised printing, hard cover.

I think this has a lot of great beginner information that is available here on the site, but you get it all in one place in a book that you can later reference. Written by Audio Devices, the folks that made Audiodiscs at the time.

http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015007927877;view=1up;seq=5

klikli_ska

Re: SCAN - How To Make Good Recordings: The Complete.... [1

Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:05 am

Thanks for the source, rsimms3!

If the book is opensource and free (as I can see), could anyone with an HathiTrust ID and password download it and offer to the rest of community, please?

It would be so great!!

Thanks for advance,

Kike

rsimms3

Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:41 am

It isn't Open Source, but the library that owns that copy must have an agreement with the copyright holder to host a scan of the book. I don't know anyone with one of these accounts that could obtain a full PDF of the book. Keep an eye on eBay, Amazon, and AbeBooks for copies, they seem fairly cheap. There are a couple copies on AbeBooks now, just make sure you get the right one as there are some about tape recording.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?tn=make+good+recordings

eatree

Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:47 pm

I have a full PDF. Let me know if you want to get it.