where are these pressing plant gone

A spot for keeping track of especially cool (informative, fun) videos, photos, scans and other links about record cutting. (You can post them in other sections. Eventually they may end up here.) NOTE: Please put *Circuits, Schematics and Manuals* in the section with that name.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

jukeboxje

where are these pressing plant gone

Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:28 am

In the late 60's thru the mid 80's was here a few kilometers from me ago, a real big pressing plant.
The owner was Johnny Hoes from Telstar , Killroy label.
In the mid 80's when the cd's are coming up they sold the complete pressing plant.
The label are still there but only for recording somethings.
I ask the son of Johnny Hoes a time ago or he knows where the pressing plant left off, but he didn's remember to when these was sold.
Did anyone here know where these complete pressing plant was gone?

mossboss

Re: where are these pressing plant gone

Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:14 am

Well here is a little bit of information for you
I am Not sure how many machines they had there but here is a factual account of the fate of these machines from the horses mouth
They went to Greece at Fabel in Athens about 12-14 machines the old hands are a bit hazy on the numbers as not all of them where installed some where kept as spare machines to be cannibalized quite normal in this game
Most of these machines that went to Fabel in Athens have not survived today
Most got scrapped about 10-15 years ago, only a couple remained these where stored in an obscure warehouse on an unmade road way out of Athens, well its like a goat track with pot holes so deep one had to turn the head lights on to find his way I was told Phew
I have Had a look at photos of the remnants not so long ago, they where destined for a museum or where in a private museum and the moulds on them are painted well at least it protected them from rust It is likely that they are rusted out in the galleries any way
These machines may be in the process of getting a new lease of life soon!
Well may be but thats the plan as they are not in a great state of repair lots of work to be done on them that may be viable
So any other information gathered or I found will be posted up here
Cheers
Chris