More BBC Papers from RD Publications lots of Presto inc 83E

A spot for keeping track of especially cool (informative, fun) videos, photos, scans and other links about record cutting. (You can post them in other sections. Eventually they may end up here.) NOTE: Please put *Circuits, Schematics and Manuals* in the section with that name.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

Stevie342000

More BBC Papers from RD Publications lots of Presto inc 83E

Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Hello Guys

I was doing a search for information on Presto 1-C the BBC did research it in 1943 (I think) just had a quick scan its taken me 4 hours to get from the 1930s to 1943, done all of 10 of the 89 pages of research papers from the BBC Archive, there are few missing publications not in archive, the Presto 1-C is one of the papers missing.

Anyhow here you go here is the PDF of the list of published papers have fun - lots of stuff from Presto and disk recording, standarization, cutting stylus profiles, BBC Grampian head specifications and lots more can be found here right up to about 1950 when the BBC started to use tape and moved away from disk recording, lots of analysis on costs of various recording methods disk versus film in the 1930s and tape versus in the 40s or 1950s.

Oh yes here is it is http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/reports/bbc-rd-report-list.pdf
I hope it works if not I have a copy of the file on disk, not sure how big it is but should be reasonable size.

After 1950 the focus moves away from audio to television and radio, microwave transmission and digital. Anyhow enjoy.

monkey1553

Re: More BBC Papers from RD Publications lots of Presto inc

Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:18 pm

A great resource. Thanks for posting this!

-Michael :D