Frequency chart

A spot for keeping track of especially cool (informative, fun) videos, photos, scans and other links about record cutting. (You can post them in other sections. Eventually they may end up here.) NOTE: Please put *Circuits, Schematics and Manuals* in the section with that name.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

studiorp

Frequency chart

Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:17 am

Hello people, I am rewind another coil for my head, but I want know which freq. response can arrive it considering a number of gauge .

Example : utilizing a 33 AWG ( American Wire Gauge ) - 0.18 diameter copper wire, it's possible have a range from 10 to 20000 Hertz.

http://www.thelitzpeople.com/New%20PDFs/Frequency_Chart_60Hz-2.8MHz_28-48_AWG_3.01.13.09.pdf

Cheers.

dubcutter89

Re: Frequency chart

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:14 pm

I don't get what this chart should tell us...(I don't think this has to do with audio related stuff!)

I guess the dc resistance is most important to not kill the poweramp...
33AWG sounds ok - give it a try!

Lukas
Wanted: ANYTHING ORTOFON related to cutting...thx

markrob

Re: Frequency chart

Tue Apr 29, 2014 1:00 pm

Hi,

That chart is used to determine the frequency range that the skin effect becomes important. As frequency of the current that is carried in a wire increases, more of the current flows close to the surface rather than using the entire cross sectional surface area of wire. In effect, the wire becomes less efficient at handling current than you would expect given the wire gauge. This is not of major concern in this case as you are working with audio frequencies below 20Khz. Disregard this chart as it applies to your winding.

Mark