German "Vinyl Recorder - any information?

A spot for keeping track of especially cool (informative, fun) videos, photos, scans and other links about record cutting. (You can post them in other sections. Eventually they may end up here.) NOTE: Please put *Circuits, Schematics and Manuals* in the section with that name.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

NottinghamToolexAlpha

German "Vinyl Recorder - any information?

Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:19 am

As customers often ask me to do very smal runs, or want to do a One-off piece, I'm toying with idea of cutting "vinyl discs" for loyal customers , similar to using akinto The VEstax VRX machine, but I'm told these arn't that good, freq range is limited, and a whole host of other problems deeeming it quite unrelieable..

On a Website called NYVLI - a new site for vinyl purists, I've heard about some chaps in GErmany designing a cutter that fits onto A Technics 1210 Deck, with the cutterhead and ancillaries supplied..as I can't find any mention of it in the archive, nor any mention of it on tech sites, or, indeed it's catalog no. or name - or even the manufacturer! - any help would be useful..!
It's a service I'd like to provide more or less for free, in the hope that customers will come back to get it pressed...what are the benefits to this machine, and any drawbacks? how easy would it be to set-up? any idea's ? If it 's a really bad idea - don't be afraid to say so, as I'm only thinking of it as a " MArketing tool", and to help freinds who only want less than 10 pieces, and arn't concerned about quality or can't afford to have a full run at a cost over £500 ($750)...all advice welcome...CC.
Perfection to me is a nice cup of tea...and a day when everyone is happy with their records!

studiorp

Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:40 am

Hello, the website is this : www.vinylrecorder.com

bancho

Fri Oct 24, 2008 12:00 pm

Here is another Technics1200 attachable device:

http://www.vinylium.ch/

NottinghamToolexAlpha

Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:32 am

Thank you very much guys - BLIMEY! - there's a huge difference in price, £5,000 for the Swiss cutter, while also possble to cut acetates, is twice the price of the german eqiuv. @ £2,500- altho they do look like very interesting machines, that's a lot of investment for a marketing tool...

-think I may just stick with pens for the time being...! ...CC.
Perfection to me is a nice cup of tea...and a day when everyone is happy with their records!

bancho

Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:28 am

I strongly suggest reading some of the threads on this forum about these two cutters! (one big difference is the cutterhead)
Contacting some of the owners might be good idea too.

About the price, I agree. None of them is cheap. But they're "plug & play" devices ... the only one.

NottinghamToolexAlpha

Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:07 am

Bancho - thanks for the tip, been reading about the versatility of the swiss machine, and it does look ( Even for an old Press-man like me...) Very simple to use, however - the german machine does look very useful, and more akin in price, and what I'm looking to do with it -

Like I say, I'm not looking to make a profit out of it, more as a help/Promo tool for freinds that have small record labels and DJ's...(Altho we're I'll find the time to use it I don't know, as I'm Snowed under with orders at the Mo!)
-hopefully going over to see them in November when the ARC record convention is on over in Utrecht, Holland.

Thanks again, CC.