Scam/Estafa/Trapaça: Angulo, Tangential, Mejía, Vortex Vinyl Disc Recorder C-4, C-6

Distinct from the "Members Only" section about business disputes, this is a section for those special few sellers who have distinguished themselves through clearly intentional efforts to scam multiple customers. If you intend to start a thread here, please check it with Steve E. first.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

MEGAMIKE

Re: Scam/Estafa/Trapaça: Angulo, Tangential, Mejía, Vortex Vinyl Disc Recorder C-4, C-6

Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:01 am

hi
does the motor move the carriage/cradle back and forth?
is there an amp?
can you open it and show us inside?
find someone in your area that cuts records they can help .

if the motor moves then you can also get someone to build you a head that fits on the cradle/carriage

sorry to hear your loss, but you should be able to get it going.
thats if its just a FAKE shell then man iam really sorry..

good luck.

MEGAMIKE

Re: Scam/Estafa/Trapaça: Angulo, Tangential, Mejía, Vortex Vinyl Disc Recorder C-4, C-6

Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:28 am

also yesterday there was a video posted on his site where he goes through explaining things ,moving the head back forth up down and cutting but then no PLAYBACK (never in any of his videos )showing diamonds and talking about himself but in 2 person as its clearly him but without the birthmark on his face..the video has been deleted ...

powertrk

Mon Aug 16, 2021 11:48 am

The device is working. As he shows in his videos, you can navigate the menu.
But I couldn't move it because it didn't send the connecting cables. First I have to find the connecting cables.
I don't think I'll be able to find anyone in my area dealing with this issue.
Maybe I can find someone on this forum who can help. I think @jesusfwrl bought a head from him.

MEGAMIKE

Mon Aug 23, 2021 6:47 am

photos are down so iam asuming somebody is helping you.....

powertrk

Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:46 am

no, unfortunately I couldnt find anyone..

MEGAMIKE

Sun Sep 26, 2021 12:40 am

its funny how so much energy is put into exposing this Jonathan guy ,yet ZERO energy is into helping his victims..

Vice Fiori

Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:01 pm

powertrk wrote:
Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:46 am
no, unfortunately I couldnt find anyone..
Im still trying to figure out what´s going on on this "system", everytime I look makes me dizzy..
Sent me a pm, I dont have all the time in this world by now, but I´ll try to do my best to help you out on something!

MEGAMIKE

Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:17 am

keep posting on here that way the more can help..
start by getting the turntable in place where it fits and find that cable(25? pin computer cable?) that goes from base to over head .if it moves then thats a good sign..
also if you have a multimeter then you can find out straight away if this thing is fake.

Vice Fiori

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:19 am

MEGAMIKE wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:17 am
keep posting on here that way the more can help..
start by getting the turntable in place where it fits and find that cable(25? pin computer cable?) that goes from base to over head .if it moves then thats a good sign..
also if you have a multimeter then you can find out straight away if this thing is fake.
Hi mike, sorry about the "everybody is against but noone help´s" , It´s just.. look at that, everytime I see I just got myself dizzy trying to figure out "why"....
I offering a help for him already btw..
About the carriage, we have 2 things to think about:

1-maybe it´s not move because of that 2 micro switches, as they maybe are in closed position on the circuitry and, if my throughs are right, it´s only going to move when they´re detected as "closed", so, without the cabe, the machine dont have that function. The multimeter gonna help to detect that on the switches. ​
2-maybe it´s even ddoensnt work that right, motor burned and, yeah, more fake than it is by now..

The problem about the cable is: Sometimes people dont mind about do the 2 sides in the same position of cabling, so, even you buy or made a cable in a right way position, the creator itself can do one side in a way and the other side in another way, an this one my friend, even a multimeter cannot help that much, that´s a thing that got me worried about...

The interesting thing is: that dial gauge that are there suposed to be the "weight measurer."... because, I just think with myself how much that will mgive you more problems than a solution, I mean, that thing just touching the leaver everytime and change the weight and helping nothing at all, and even worse is the fact that how many things had to do to calibrate that thing.

That microscope goes to help anything, they´re cheap and absurdly terrible, If was me, I dont even bother to instal it..

I cant see the Control board (an arduino with some relays ) A power supply and another 12v power supply (probally for the motor) , and I was wondering if that little one down to the right was a amp or a voltage regulator, maybe it´s the Amplificer because of that wire resistor, but... really, not even a digital one? just a low end simple one? Or it´s just a voltage regulator to share different voltages ..

MEGAMIKE

Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:12 am

dizzy me too looks like a video call is needed ..but I think it will do the job just need a head that fits in line with the centre point and the right weight ..wish I was there to help I think vice your on the right track with the micro switches ..you need to power up that overhead to move..

Vice Fiori

Tue Oct 12, 2021 7:41 pm

MEGAMIKE wrote:
Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:12 am
dizzy me too looks like a video call is needed ..but I think it will do the job just need a head that fits in line with the centre point and the right weight ..wish I was there to help I think vice your on the right track with the micro switches ..you need to power up that overhead to move..
The overhead is already powered, the motor are inside, but cannot be turned on as the micro switches are "normaly closed" and the cabe are not there to short the pins with the switches, so the motor are not going to run.. BUT, dont expect anything right on this machine for sure.
by now what you can do is:

-took a multimeter, and find how micro switch are normally open (in free position the multimeter will beep (or "0") and when you press the switch it´s going to stop beep (or acuse nothing on screen). most sure it´s the "home position" switch;
-when you find the micro who have this function, took the multimeter with one pin from the micro switch and start to find on the connector until you see the beep (or "0" on screen) and mark that pin, see what number is (if dont have any number write on the connector, look for a datasheet);
-Do the same with the other pin from the micro switch and the pin from the connector
-As you already open the main panel one time, find the 2 number pins you detected on the other side (again look a datasheet for male and female conector) and make a jumper between then to act like the switch;
-turn it on and try to move the overhead

MEGAMIKE

Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:12 pm

Good luck

MEGAMIKE

Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:15 pm

its hard to not be there...

viniloramars

Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:43 am

The Mejia Ángulo vortex saga continues! For months I had been investigating cutting machine options because I have the idea of ​​acquiring one, unfortunately when doing the internet search this character and his infamous machines are the first to appear in internet search results, so I decided to contact him . At the beginning there was some good communication, we even made a video call where, in a careless manner, in his presentation he showed me the machines he had in stock, prices, payment methods, etc. Fortunately, he gave me a bad feeling from the beginning because he was noticeable in a hurry. to get money, so he offered me a discount if I made an initial payment of 1000 USD in advance to separate one of the machines that according to him were all sold, to which I replied that I could go to Bolivia and buy the machine personally to incidentally do a training on how to use it. At this point he stopped responding to my messages, I wrote to him by wsp and my messages did not reach him, neither did he through the website, I chose to search for him with his name on Instagram and Facebook and there I found him although there was no response either, I was so determined to buy the machine I found someone in Cochabamba Bolivia where the supposed engineer lives, so that he could contact him, the person called him and the very pedantic, as always in his attitude, simply wrote me a message on Instagram saying that he was not interested in selling me the machine and that he couldn't receive me in Bolivia, about an hour later he wrote me a second message saying that it wasn't to belittle me but that they were protecting their industrial secrets and that's why I couldn't go and buy the machine personally. That the only way I could buy the machine was by paying 8,000 dollars through western union and that when I made the payment he would send me the machine. At this point I no longer had the slightest intention of buying anything from him, however I made one last attempt telling him to bring the machine to Medellin Colombia and that when he delivered it to me it was working and I would pay him, to which he responded with a simple mockery telling me that will not look for it anymore. After all this luckily I found this blog and sadly I see that the guy has managed to scam several people. I can say that I was saved, because the guy was not intelligent or convincing enough, besides, I am Colombian, distrustful by nature and even more so when there is so much money involved. In short, the guy is still there doing his thing. Recently, according to what he told me, he sent a machine to France and another to Ecuador, I suppose that soon we will know of new scams by this egotistical imitation of an engineer and my question is what can we do about it? How can we prevent more people from falling for this scam?

mjdoesvinyl

Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:59 pm

https://www.lostiempos.com/mostrador/mostrador/20210505/vortex-vinyl-recorder-empresa-boliviana-exportacion-mundial

Apparently, he has sold or produced around 50 systems. Not sure if those include prototypes or he really has scammed that many.

viniloramars

Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:26 am

mjdoesvinyl wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 7:59 pm
https://www.lostiempos.com/mostrador/mostrador/20210505/vortex-vinyl-recorder-empresa-boliviana-exportacion-mundial

Apparently, he has sold or produced around 50 systems. Not sure if those include prototypes or he really has scammed that many.
i think its bullshit, like everything around this guy, i believe the journalist only repeat what the escamer jonathan mejia told him.

MEGAMIKE

Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:20 am

you live in same country?..

so now you make notice to your consumer government export department,and tell them send them all details about the scam..
and message to mr mejia if he sees this

your head you cannot solve, or you have no diamonds to solve it?
so work on a lathe with no head or amp and sell that ..we can see you cannot cut audio..

jonty2k

Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:50 am

Looking at the connector it looks like an old style Printer cable, I doubt he would have made these up himself when you can buy them cheaply enough, its worth getting one to try..
The XLR's are obviously audio input, but the 1/4" Jack is an unknown.. the round multi pin connector must be the head connections,
Not sure if this will help or not :-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/303962656029?_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item46c5960d1d

VINYLKILLER

Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:59 am

HELLO EVERYBODY.
UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE RECEIVED THE SAME TREATMENT AS OTHER GUYS, UNFORTUNATELY I HAVE BEEN "SCAMMED BY JONATHAN MEJìNA.
ALSO SENT TO ME THE MACHINE WITHOUT HEAD, AND OTHER MISSING PIECES INCLUDING 30 COLORED RECORDS, TODAY IT HAS MADE MORE THAN 8 THOUSAND EURO.
SINCE I DO NOT INTEND TO PASS SPRA TO THIS VILE ACT OF INCIVILITY, I ASK YOU TO JOIN ME IN THE COMPLAINT I AM PREPARING TO THE POSTAL POLICE, INTERPOL, THE BOLIVIAN MINISTRY OF INDUSTRY AND THE BOLIVIAN MINISTRY OF THE INTERIOR DIRECTOR VIA BOLIVIANA EMBASSY.
BELIEVE ME I HAVE TRIED THEM ALL, I HAVE ALSO SENT MORE MONEY IN ADDITION, BUT NOTHING TO DO.
MY LAWYERS HAVE CONFIRMED THAT IT WILL BE A LONG AND EXPENSIVE PRACTICE FOR BOTH PARTIES, BUT WITHOUT A SHADOW OF DOUBT WE WOULD HAVE A LARGE DAMAGE COMPENSATION.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

MEGAMIKE

Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:54 pm

so now I get it..
the platter never comes and head too and in the end he sends the same simple crap and thats how the scam works......FREELOADER.....

find out his address or the town he lives in