urgent: ortofon, westrex, haeco serial numbers wanted

This is where record cutters raise questions about cutting, and trade wisdom and experiment results. We love Scully, Neumann, Presto, & Rek-O-Kut lathes and Wilcox-Gay Recordios (among others). We are excited by the various modern pro and semi-pro systems, too, in production and development. We use strange, extinct disc-based dictation machines. And other stuff, too.

Moderators: piaptk, tragwag, Steve E., Aussie0zborn

flozki

urgent: ortofon, westrex, haeco serial numbers wanted

Tue Aug 16, 2022 2:11 pm

dear ortofon , westrex and haeco stereo head owners
for neumann heads, we (almost) know everything we need to know, but you can still send me the numbers, in case something got stolen and shows up at my place one day.

(everybody i did not contact directly yet by mail)

i plan a nice surprise for the whole cutter community:
the ones who will attend the making vinyl conference in offenbach, can hopefully pick it up at the traditional side car event, organized by ramona records and flokason (more infos soon)

for this we would love to get known your serial numbers of ortofon , westrex and haeco heads.
we keep that info confidential if wished but the goal is to find out how many pieces were produced...

its quite urgent as we have a production deadline very very soon.
so send me that info also a picture if you like but not needed , by pm or mail and receive a nice gift!
you will like it.

thanks for the cooperation and happy cutting.
f.

looking for pictures and even (broken) heads.
trade in for something useful!

JVC CH-90
ortofon DSS821
ortofon DSS581
ortofon DSS572
neumann SX80
westrex 3DIIAL
haeco SC-2. i have enough pictures.

pon ko

Re: urgent: ortofon, westrex, haeco serial numbers wanted

Wed Sep 14, 2022 6:07 pm

here is a nice high res of the 821; looking for docs for the RA5 if u ever have something to share.
also got a picture somewhere of the JVC which is designed pretty much same way as this one below